With spring in the air, warmer weather and the first hints of green outside, it’s easy to feel a little depressed if you’re stuck in an uninspiring home office all day.
One of the best ways to manage your spring fever energy is to give your home office a good spring-cleaning and makeover.
So, if you’re ready to freshen up your home office this spring, grab your favorite beverage, settle in and read on!
“Spring adds new life and new beauty to all that is.”
– Jessica Harrelson –
No time to read it now?
PIN it for later:
Here are my tips for giving your home office a makeover this Spring.
1. Get Rid of the Clutter!
You know, I’m all about decluttering! …AND nothing makes you feel more trapped inside than a cluttered office. Take an hour or two and go through everything in your home office. Sort through the stacks of paper, and toss or file everything appropriately.
This is also a great time to ban anything that doesn’t belong in your home office space, including kid’s toys, magazines, personal bills and correspondence, junk mail etc.
An uncluttered home office will boost your productivity!
2. Time for a Thorough Cleaning
Now that you’ve gotten rid of all the extra clutter, it’s time to give your office a thorough cleaning.
Start at the top and work your way down.
- Wipe off any ceiling fans and light fixtures, as well as curtain rods and doorframes.
- Clean the windows inside and out and throw the curtains in the washing machine.
- Remove books and picture frames from shelves, dust them off and give the entire shelf a good dusting too.
- Dust off any hanging artwork.
- Dust the baseboards.
- Mop the floor or shampoo the carpet.
If you don’t have the time for this step, consider hiring a cleaning service to come in and do the job for you.
3. Rearrange Your Office Furniture
Rearranging your office furniture will give your space a fresh, new look.
- Consider moving your desk in front of a window so you can see outside.
- Bring in a favorite chair that you can relax in while you read over proposals, or study the latest print publication for your industry.
- Hang some new pictures, buy a colorful rug, or pretty storage accessories. Bring in anything that will give your office a personalized touch.
Have some fun with this! This is your space, it should be a reflection of your taste and style.
4. Bring Spring Inside
If going outside isn’t an option yet, bring the spring inside.
Get a few new plants for your office and pick up some fresh cut flowers from your local florist or grocery store for your desk.
Open the window whenever weather permits and let the fresh clean spring air in.
I always try to keep a vase of fresh flowers at my desk – it’s an easy way to lift your mood!
Most importantly, make a promise to yourself that you’ll take some time to enjoy the beautiful spring days outside with your family. You’ll find you’ll be more efficient when you return to your freshly cleaned and organized home office.
I hope you use some of these tips to give your home office a makeover this spring.
- Did you like this post? If so, please click the “heart” button on the left
- For more design and decor inspiration, click this link: follow me on Pinterest
- Email your questions and comments to me at email@example.com
- If you’re now inspired to work on the rest of your house, check out this blog: How to create a spa bathroom in your home